We are Tomtec Security Systems Ltd. (Company registration number 9329725) (“we”, “us”, “our”, or “TSS Ltd”). Our registered office is at 105 Garstang Road, Preston, PR1 1LD.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect on you, or you provide to use will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
TSS Ltd is a “data controller” which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required- under data protection legislation – to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice. It is important that you read this notice – together with any other privacy notices we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you – so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
What information do we collect?
We collect your personal data because it is necessary, in relation to taking steps to enter into a contract with you, including, but not limited to, the design – installation – maintenance of your Security Alarm – Access Control – CCTV.
We may collect and store the following kinds of data about you.
- Information you give us:This is information about you that you give us in corresponding by phone, e-mail, on site when filling in documents, using our website or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information. This information will only be used for the purpose indicated and will be held in a secure manner. It will not be used for any other purpose without your permission, and will not be kept for longer than necessary. If you are concerned about providing your personal information please contact us and we will arrange alternative means for you to provide this information.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us
- provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer, which are similar to those that you have with us or have inquired about.
- send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you
- comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to our services.
- Issue third party Certificates
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
• we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our rules.
• our business enters into a joint venture with, or is sold to or merged with, another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
• we are third party accredited and regularly inspected and may share your details for official inspection purposes to assess our work and procedures only www.ssaib.org
- For alarm systems which require monitoring, this will be carried out by an approved third party and you will be asked at the time to supply names, telephone numbers and passwords www.custodianmonitoring.com
- For alarm systems which require monitoring with Police response, we will supply your details as required by the NPCC (National Police Chiefs Council) security systems policy document. www.lancashire.police.uk
Where relevant, we will require that third parties follow our data protection and privacy policies and we will require that such third parties do not use your personal details for their own business purposes, without your prior consent.
How long do we keep your data for?
Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please write to us at 35 Queensway, Warton, Preston, PR4 1XT or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO).
The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113 – Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm – or by email at email@example.com. You can also visit the ICO’s website by following this link: https://ico.org.uk/.
TSS Ltd has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, data protection issues generally, or if you have any comments about the accuracy of information on this site please contact TSS Ltd on 01772 631331 or firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting www.tomtec.co.uk